Utility Operator, you will be responsible for maintaining the sanitary condition of the facility and to be skilled up in 2 operating positions in the plant to build bench strength and to fill in for those positions when vacant for various reasons. People who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties and safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion into other roles as they become available.
To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising the team’s values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
- Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Routine cleaning of floors, equipment, roofs and outside grounds in any department there is a need.
- Specialized cleaning tasks such as bin cleaning, sifter work, filter sock changes, IPM equipment clean-outs.
- Special duties assigned by management.
- Basic process maintenance.
- Get cross-trained in at least two different operator jobs.
- Responsible for understanding and following all personnel and equipment safety policies; Sanitation policies; following all Business Unit policies and procedures.
Essential skills and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this job and safety regulations.
- Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift and must be able to work overtime as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate with fellow team members and plant management.
- Must be comfortable using a computer and able to learn new software for production.
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as is required by the operating areas (i.e. safety glasses, protective footwear, hearing protection and, at times, a respirator)
- Ability to work a rotating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work a machine paced continuous process that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with conditions which include:
- Heat/Cold temperatures (inclement weather)
- Indoor/Outdoor environment
- Dusty environment
- Noisy environment
- Frequent moving/vibration/ or other motion of equipment/processes
- Elevated Places
- Frequently stand, walk, rotate, bend/stoop, twist, crouch, kneel, balance and reach or lift at shoulder level, above shoulder level, and below shoulder level
- Frequently climb stairs and/or ladders
- Frequently lift, shovel and/or carry up-to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up-to 75 pounds
- Frequently push/pull/torque up to 75 pounds of force
4200 Sullivant Ave, Columbus OH, 43228
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Our mills and facilities are the heart and soul of our company. Each one has a personality of its own - a reflection of its people and community. We're proud of our team and are committed to giving back to the communities we call home.
Read more >
Our hiring process
While the experience of applying for a job at Ardent Mills may vary from mill to mill and from role to role, it almost always involves following the same basic process outlined below:
Our talent acquisition team will review your resume to check you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for. Everyone who applies for a job at Ardent Mills receives a response from us, so we will email you to let you know the outcome whether you have been successful or not.
A member of our talent acquisition team may speak to you on the phone to find out more about you and determine whether you are potentially a good fit for the role.
If the hiring team thinks you could be the person they are looking for, you are likely to be invited to an interview.
As the successful applicant, you will be made a verbal offer followed by a written one. Once you have accepted our offer, you will need to go through a background check and potential other pre-employment contingencies, which can take up to 10 business days.